Direct support happens where life happens.
Heritage Christian Services works with thousands of people in Rochester and Buffalo to make sure they have access to housing, jobs and other things that make life better.
Most of our agency’s 3,000 employees work directly with people who have disabilities in residential, day and respite programs. There are many people who can benefit from your support. If your regular routine has changed recently, now is the time to apply to Heritage Christian Services and make a difference in the lives of others. You’ll be assisting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. It’s a role that will let you apply your best interpersonal skills to support someone as they reach their life goals.
No prior experience is required to start a direct support role at Heritage Christian Services, however, experience supporting people with disabilities, as a health aide or in a group home, is welcome.
You can enjoy the convenience of a self-paced video interview, that allows you to record yourself at a time that fits your schedule. Once hired, paid training will start soon after.
Heritage Christian Services employees enjoy great benefits including:
- Job stability in a setting that is designed to promote safety for everyone
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- 11 paid holidays – three of which are unassigned so you can use them for days that are most important to you
- Tuition assistance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Performance bonuses
- Free access to a success coach to help you navigate personal challenges – like child care and transportation – so you can feel your best at work
- Employee discounts
In a direct support role, you will support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by:
- teaching independent living skills;
- assisting with personal care;
- advocating for inclusive communities;
- encouraging growth in personal relationships; and
- assisting people to fulfill in their lives what matters most to them.
Hear from residential and day program direct support staff members
Hear from respite program direct support staff members
Check out our 360 video
So, a direct support professional might support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by serving in these roles: educator * hairstylist * adventurer * chauffeur * health and wellness coach * travel companion * advocate * chef * dance partner * encourager * and more.
Heritage Christian Services reaches people in 15 counties in the Rochester and Buffalo Niagara regions, which means we have an opportunity near you. Apply today.